Sunday, September 20, 2009

Time Annual list of Most Influential People

Here is the 2009 list of 100 most influential people from Time magazine, which includes the subcategories Leaders and Revolutionaries, Builders and Titans, Artists and Entertainers, Heroes and Icons, and Scientists and Thinkers. Although I am not completely cognizant of the selection criteria, I believe someone from this group of influential people will ultimately be chosen for the honor of "Time Person of the Year", which obviously could include positive role models as well as those less deserving of that appellation. Also, one of the more interesting Time magazine issues to come out in recent weeks was, in my opinion, last week's. In that issue, journalist Richard Stengel, in an article titled For Consumers, a Responsibility Revolution, wrote about the emerging phenomena of "ethical consumerism," which I thought was intriguing and would like to read this week. I use to read Time magazine quite a bit when I was younger but I have stopped doing so because I felt hard news stories about topics that really matter was taking a backseat. However I do check out the occasional compelling Time magazine issue or article whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment