Sunday, August 23, 2009

Few interesting stuff I found recently on the net

I remember the days while attending NYU when I use to spend enormous amounts of time in Bobst library browsing the journal collection. At the time, although I did check out a wide variety of subjects, including Philosophy, History, Fine Arts, Ethics, and Religion, one of my absolute favorite sections was literature, specifically journals such as Daedalus, The Paris Review, American Literature, October, among a number of others. While my interest since then has been focused in other areas, I have, perhaps out of sentimental reasons, occasionally over the years visited some of these journals online, to at least check out what sort of topics were being covered. Well, it appears that I could do more than just check out titles and the occasional sample issue; findarticles.com has, from what I can tell, a free online collection of the recent issues of most of these journals. I should mention, however, I would not endorse reading these journals online without the intent of possibly subscribing. Having said that: I will post the findarticle link on my blog. In addition to the site above, I came across the following list of articles, which I thought were interesting: The Women's Crusade, by Nicholas Kristoff and Sheryl Wudunn, based on their forthcoming book called Half the Sky; A Public Option That Works, by William Dow, Arindrajit Dube and Carrie Hoverman Colla; and The Uninsured, from the editors of the Times. Hope you enjoy your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment