Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One down, one to go; and more Jazz

It is odd that I am talking about the Health Care reform discussion and Jazz in the same blog entry, actually in the same paragraph, but there you have it. :) I am actually very tired at the moment, but also excited about finishing my paper on Health Care, which, by the way, was twelve pages long and took a pretty nuanced position, although one in favor of reform. As for the class, the final is all that's left before I am able to spend some time just relaxing, maybe even go visit relatives abroad if I have enough money saved. Now, about Jazz: I am currently listening to Brandford Marsalis' Newport gig; and not only are the titles pretty interesting - Just you just me, Cheek to cheek, Hope, Eternal - but the songs themselves are incredibly wonderful. I can't wait to listen to Mahanthappa's work, which fuse Jazz with South Asian musical styles. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment